Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM from Iowa State University in 1994; actively engaged in private regular and emergency practice since that time.
36050890

Will eating a crayon hurt a mature dog

Customer Question

will eating a crayon hurt a mature dog
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help you with your question about your dog and the crayon. I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided.
So I may know we're properly connected and that you understand how the website works (including that I'll need to earn your good rating in order to receive any compensation for helping you), please type in a short response below. You may rest assured you'll have my full attention and will receive a complete response once I know you're there.
Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

But I cannot resist typing in more right away, because I'm happy to answer your question and give you good news.

No... eating a crayon most assuredly will not be harmful to a dog. They are non-toxic.

Some dogs have really sensitive stomachs and can get an upset stomach after eating absolutely anything unusual. But an otherwise healthy adult dog is not expected to have any problems whatsoever after eating a crayon.

I hope this information helps you today.

(rating option enabled)

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

(rating option enabled)

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

Please remember I am here for you and am happy to discuss your question until you are satisfied with the answer I've provided. You may return to this page at any time to review this information and/or post more. You may do so even after you've rated my response. I'll be notified of your response via email and will do my best to help you.

If you are satisfied with the information I've provided, please take a moment to rate my response. I've done my best to provide you with the most accurate, thorough and up-to-date information that is available, and your positive feedback is important to me. Without it, I receive no compensation for helping you.

If you are not satisfied, please let me know how else I may be of assistance.

Thank you for using our website.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to ask how your dog is doing and if there is anything else I can do to help you.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to ask if you have any other questions about your dog and the crayon.

Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

Just one final check to ask how your dog is doing. If there is anything else I can do to help you be satisfied with the information I've provided, please let me know. I am eager to earn your good rating.

Thank you,

Dr. Jo

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Jo