Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Yesterday I took my dog (bichonpoo) walk and she was fine

Customer Question

Yesterday I took my dog (bichonpoo) for a walk and she was fine until the end. I picked her up because she laid down on the ground. When I put her down, she began walking sideways and laid back down. I picked her up again and carried her. I tried putting her down again. She then began to vomit (bile). She vomited 3 times. I carried her the rest of the way home. When we arrived home, I put her in the grass and she pooped. We came in the house and she laid right down but she pooped in the house two more times (she doesn't do this normally). After about an hour, she started acting normal but now she is snorting and acting like she is struggling to breathe.
She had an episode similar to this about 6 months ago. We took her to the emergency vet and they said pancreatitis. They gave her IV and put her on chicken/rice diet for a week and she has been fine since.
She is eating and acts fine. The only symptoms now are the snorting. What do you think?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Ola Barrett replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am Dr RB and I am a small animal veterinarian. My best advice to you is for you to take your dog to the emergency hospital as soon as you can.. Without the proper diagnostics, it is impossible to diagnose her condition and determine if these symptoms are related. However, her symptoms taken alone (respiratory distress, vomiting, stumbling) are very worrisome and I believe she needs veterinary care right away..

Hello again..If my advice helped you with your bichon poo and she is feeling better..If so, it would be greatly appreciated if you could take the time to give my response a positive rating? This would allow me to receive compensation for my expertise and time assisting you and your pet.. Much thanks