Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog having CHF episode difficulty breathing. I gave her

Customer Question

My dog having CHF episode difficulty breathing. I gave her 25 mg of Lasix about 20 minute ago.driving not option bad snowstorm. Need to know if I should give her more?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How much does Appy weigh?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
14 lbs.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I have just seen your duplicate question mentioning her weight. If she is 14lbs and you gave 25mg of Lasix, then you have already given the maximum dose for her size. You cannot really give any more, as it will not be any more effective and could potentially cause more harm then good. Therefore, if you cannot leave the house to have her seen due to the weather, you may need to ring the local ER vet to get them to come to her. Some will be better equipped to travel in this weather, and we'd need to do so or contact any close resource that may have oxygen you can use since she sounds to require that at this stage.

Please take care & be safe,

Dr. B.