Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My 87lb goldendoodle just ate an (1) apple core complete

Customer Question

my 87lb goldendoodle just ate an (1) apple core complete with seeds, was wondering if this was serious--have heard apple seeds are poisonous for dogs
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks

Hello again

I have worked out an answer for you ...

1. Good news! : While apple pips have a cyanide content and can be toxic to dogs it actually takes quite a lot given for a prolonged period of time for problems to occur. Just one apple core including pips is well below any toxic level and this will not affect your dog in the slightest. Especially a larger dog like yours ...

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for the reassurance.....

Hello again ,

No problem, very glad to have advised you. I should be available online for you for the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate get straight back to me if your dog's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further. I am sure your dog will be fine though ...

Kindest regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the apple core incident ...

How are things going?

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.