Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179

My dog drank hydraulic fluid what should we do?

Customer Question

my dog drank hydraulic fluid what should we do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that your dog drank hydraulic fluid. This is extremely poisonous to dogs and I would strongly recommend taking him to your local animal emergency room as soon as possible! Do not make your dog vomit as this can cause more problems.

While you are driving, another person can call the Animal Poison Control Center. They are your best resource for any animal poison-related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you think that your pet may have ingested a potentially poisonous substance, call (888)(###) ###-####/strong>. A $65 consultation fee may be applied to your credit card. They will ask you the name of the product as well as any listed ingredient and will tell you if the product is toxic and if you should rush your pet to the nearest veterinarian.

Best regards, ***** ***** this answer helps you.

Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions.

Dr. Amanda

Kansas State University,

College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2001

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

How is your dog this evening? Any problems after drinking the hydraulic fluid? Did you end up taking him to the animal emergency room?

Do you have any more questions for me?

If you are satisfied with my assistance, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my answer so that I will be compensated for helping you today. For future questions, you can find me here: http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=88695179&FID=0

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Amanda Mouradian-Dar