Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

Reading about your atopica questions. My mastiff has been on

Customer Question

reading about your atopica questions. My mastiff has been on Atopica for over a year, and nothing helps the rash and itching. Steroids help but not a long term solution. Also we have done allergy blood work and food allergy elimination. Benadryl and such does nothing either. Any other suggestions? And she is on trifexis for fleas.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

This is dRB and I would be happy to assist you with this.....yes, I can help you....go back to elimination diet...specifically I want you to feed Prescription diet science diet DD and venison and potato. Do not feed any other food or treats of any kind....do not use trifexis. Have your vet give proheart injectable and use frontline topical for fleas every 28 days indefinitely all year round. Lastly get your dog on apoquel and give daily. This is better than steroids, better than atopica and has less side effects than all of these. It will take about 6 weeks and you will see an amazing difference. If your vet cannot get apoquel, find one who can and switch to them. Hope this helps and let me know if you have additional questions. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much.