Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM 19 years. Compassionate, Caring, Experienced.
2263760

What can i give my puppy. He had been throwing up and now

Customer Question

What can i give my puppy. He had been throwing up and now drinking fluids but he is still weak?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 1 year ago.

Hi this is Dr. Gabby. Is he done vomiting and eating well? How many times did he vomit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 days and yes he is done vomiting. He is just week and very skinny now he use to play and all he does now is sleep and drink water
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whats your reply?
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 1 year ago.

Ok thank you,

I was typing.

It is important to get some nourishment into him.

You can buy Nutrical into him. That is a highly nutritious high calorie paste. You should be able to buy it at Petsmart, at vet clinics, and online. Put a teaspoon in his mouth 3-4 times a day.

If he is refusing to eat, see if he will heat some plain flavor grocery store rotisserie chicken mixed with plain cooked pasta or rice. No bones of course.

If he is eating his puppy food, you can start to mix in one spoonful of canned puppy food twice a day.

You can see if he will eat some human meat flavored baby food. Just make sure it does not contain onions or garlic.

If he seems to still have an upset stomach you can give him Pepcid AC which is a human over the counter stomach acid reducer. Give 1/4 of a tablet, per 10-15 pounds of dog, every 12 hours as needed.

If his gums feel dry he is probably dehydrated. Give him children's pedialyte drink with a syringe or eye dropper.

You can rub pancake syrup, karo syrup, or honey on his gums every few hours to help keep his blood sugar up.

How does that sound?

Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Bear. How is everything going?
Dr. Gabby