Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My Lhasa is 15 and been to the vet 2xs with same problem and

Customer Question

my Lhasa is 15 and been to the vet 2xs with same problem and its expensive. she gave her antibiotics, iv, and prednisone. after a month it came back same thing. Mercedes gets week and cant really move around as she did has spurts of energy and breath that smells like death. I had a dog before that had that smell. she keeps clenching her jaws, but is still drinking water and eats somewhat.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Mercedes. To be able to discuss her intelligently, I need to know what was diagnosed that needed to be treated twice with IV fluids, antibiotics and prednisone. Can you upload a copy of her test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy of the results at home but her vet should be able to give you one which you could scan into your computer and give me the link or you can photograph the page(s) and upload the images by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see such an icon) or by using an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind have a good weekend