Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Does a dog that ate two grapes need to be hospitalized?

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that your dog ate grapes. Are you certain that he ate ONLY two grapes? Were you able to induce vomiting to decontaminate the stomach? How long ago were the grapes eaten?

Typically 2 grapes is not considered a toxic dose of grapes, but we still recommend inducing vomiting and giving activated charcoal afterwards just to be sure.

Please let me know the answers to the above questions so that we can come up with a treatment plan for your dog this evening.

Dr. Amanda

Kansas State University,

College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2001

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

How is your pup this evening? Did you end up taking her to the vet the other night?

Do you have any more questions for me?

If you are satisfied with my assistance, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my answer so that I will be compensated for helping you today. For future questions, you can find me here: http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=88695179&FID=0

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda