Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

My dog has been throwing up and I've noticed she has little

Customer Question

My dog has been throwing up and I've noticed she has little lumps, a little larger than a shirt button on her hips, and shoulders. She has black short hair, she's a lab/pit so I can't tell if they're all over but those seem to be the ones that are noticeable through her short hair.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. I am sorry to hear about your girl. With the bumps you are seeing and the vomiting it is very possible she is having an allergic reaction to something such as a bug bite or sting that could have occurred. At this time if she is vomiting then she should be seen to be treated for an allergic reaction and the vomiting. She will need injections of medications to stop the reaction and the vomiting so she can start feeling better quicker. Since she is vomiting it will be hard to give medications at home to see if you can make her feel better. If you can get benadryl in her at a dose of 1 mg per pound by mouth every 8 hours then you may be able to reverse the reaction. But again since she is vomiting it would be best to have her seen by your vet tonight as soon as possible.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I'm going to see if I can get her in to see my vet tonight. I think they are open after hours until 11 for emergencies. Thank you.

You are very welcome. I hope she feels better soon. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I am happy to help you. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. thank you