Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Since this am, senior dog is lethargic, will not eat, slow

Customer Question

Since this am, senior dog is lethargic, will not eat, slow to react, looks at the wall a lot, takes effort to move. not drinking much. She follows me everywhere and doesn't even though she tries. She is always hungry, not interested even treats. Loves to go out and not much interest.
This has not changed since am.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help you with your question about Brandy. I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided.
So I may know we're properly connected and that you understand how the website works (including that I'll need to earn your good rating in order to receive any compensation for helping you), please type in a short response below. You may rest assured you'll have my full attention and will receive a complete response once I know you're there.
Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

It appears you are not currently online and available to discuss your question with me. I'm sorry I missed the opportunity to have a live conversation with you. I will OPT OUT now so your question will be available for other experts when you return online.
Thank you for using our website.

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. I agree with you that Brandy needs help and it should be provided at your earliest convenience. At her advanced age she doesn't have much reserve and "watchful waiting" for any more than 24 hours isn't appropriate. Her "looking at the wall a lot" might appear innocuous to many owners but it's actually an important symptom of a mentation (mental status) change as we might see with either uremic or hepatic toxicity as well as primary brain disorders such as brain tumor. I hope that you've already taken her to a veterinary ER to be attended to. If so, you needn't reply but feel free to continue our conversation if you wish.