Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Hi there..Unfortunately, the bone is unlikely to pass (depending on size/shape, of course), when swallowed more or less whole. Since he's vomiting, I would not wait long to take him in - he'll need x-rays to determine where the bone is and whether it's causing a blockage. In most cases, bones get stuck and require surgery to remove... I would definitely take him in tonight; if the bone remains, it may cause a tear in the intestines, which would be a far worse problem.Please let me know if you have other questions!