Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

It is time that I have to put my 15 year old Golden

Customer Question

It is time that I have to put my 15 year old Golden down....I can't lift him - are there services that can help me trans port or even get him in my car?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I've been a veterinarian for 15 years. I'm very sorry to hear about Hank's situation. In certain areas, it may be an option to call your veterinarian to see if they can come and do an at home euthanasia. This is something that some clinics can offer. There are some that are primary mobile services that do this on a routine basis too, but these aren't in all areas. As far as a service to help transport him / help get him into the care, this is something that in all honesty most likely would best be helped by a friend or a neighbor. Would it be possible to have a friend / neighbor help assist you in getting him into the car. Once you get to the clinic, they will have the staff there to assist getting him in. I wish I could tell you a specific number to call for assistance, but there really isn't one.