Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My husband uses patanol opht 0.1% drops can it be used dog?

Customer Question

My husband uses patanol opht 0.1% drops can it be used for our dog?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

First, I would note that Patanol can be used in dogs with allergic conjunctivitis as it is an ocular antihistamine. That said, if Ginger isn't responding to the oral antihistamines, then it is quite likely that this won't be enough to soothe that allergic response. Therefore, you can try using it once daily, but it'd be ideal to ring her vet about dispensing ocular steroids to just settle this reaction for her.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today.Thank you! : )