Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog started with a great morning. When I took m on s walk

Customer Question

Hi Dr.
My dog started with a great morning. When I took him on his walk he was happy and excited and he had a regular stool. Around two after after my boyfriend and I have breakfast, Sonny had sudden diarrhea in the middle of the living room. It was kind of dark but not black. Thinking that it was probably some table food that was given to him I just monitored him and gave him lots of water but kept him off food. He has thrown up his water twice now (his vomit is a clear yellow liquid). Now I am really worried because we are trying to go to sleep, but he started shaking uncontrollably for about 20 mins now and I don't know if I should take him to an emergency vet or wait it out until tomorrow.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just took my dog out again because he was wondering around the house. He still has diarrhea but it looks like a yellow liquidy goo like think orange juice
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Sonny. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

I just came online and saw your question. I am sorry you did not get help from an expert before now. How is Sonny doing? Do you still want help with him or did you go to emergency with him?