Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My Jindo puppy has rapid shallow breathing at night with no

Customer Question

My Jindo puppy has rapid shallow breathing at night with no exertion. Almost like a person having an anxiety attack
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** I have been a small animal veterinarian for 13 years. I'd like to help with your question, but I do need a bit more information.

This shallow rapid breathing... does it happen in episodes and once it stops does she go back to sleep and breath normally? When she is doing it does it seem like she is trying to suck air in and having trouble? Does she have any problems during the day?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've only had her 3 days so not a lot to go on and she sleeps in a crate most of the time. I'm holding her now and it's very fast, like 2/second. She doesn't seem to be in distress, but it's really scary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I adopted her from a shelter in Seoul. Rescued from a butcher during the dog meat festival.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She was quarantined for 12 weeks, has full immunization records and passed health inspection
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She seems fine during the day but it's not this quiet and I'm not holding her most of the time so really not sure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I hit the 'call' button?
Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 1 year ago.

I can't take phone calls, but if you feel more comfortable talking on the phone then press the call button and I will pass the request on to someone else.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
24 hours? I'll take her in to a real vs virtual vet tomorrow. This is not an answer if any kind. I want to speak to someone NOW. That's why I clicked on this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is anyone reading this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If no one responds I am going to report this site to PayPal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please refund my account. This is absurd. You have done absolutely nothing except cause ME emotional distress claiming to be professional, taking my money in advance and then blowing me off completely. I am extremely unhappy.