Dr. Stacy
Dr. Stacy, Veterinarian
Experience:  10 years of experience in general practice.
21779527

We have a small doggie (pekapom) that is about 11 pounds. We

Customer Question

Hello
We have a small doggie (pekapom) that is about 11 pounds. We are accustomed to giving her a 62.6 mg clavamox as a UTI prophylactic. In the last half hour she has developed a squirt type diarrhea. In the past our vet has given her 1/2 of a 250mg metronidazole tab to control diarrhea. Since we have already given her the clavamox we were not sure if we can give her the metronidazole right away. Would it be okay to give her the metronidazole? We will follow up with our vet in the morning.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** I have been a small animal veterinarian for 13 years.

Clavamox and metronidazole are very different and work through different pathways so they are safe to be given together.

Best wishes!

Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Luciebelle. How is everything going?
Dr. Stacy