Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 11 year old Irish has liquid permeating from s chest and

Customer Question

My 11 year old Irish has liquid permeating from his chest and it is red and swelling.
Seems to be in no pain ??????
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Marta Lepes replied 1 year ago.

Hello Tom,

My name is***** and I will help you.

I have many questions. Do you want to do all of this by email or would you like me to call you to speed things up.

Hello Tom,

It is over 4 hrs since I tried to answer your concerns.

I shall check again before I go to bed. And in the morning.

Your information was not very informative. I need a better description of this oozing area. Where exactly is it, when was it first noticed, is it getting larger,

did he fall, is it a scraped area, does it smell bad. etc. All these questions are why I suggested a phone call.

I sounds terrible and I really would like to help you. But I cannot unless you answer me. Please get in touch with me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Took Max to an emergency clinic.
Thanks

Good morning Tom,

I'm so glad that you took care of it. If you have a minute tell me what it was. I'm very curious as to what was going on with your dog.

Thanks, ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the vets here are stumped. $650.00 later we still do not know Benedryl has stopped the leakage through the skin but there is still swelling and redness in the chest. Next we go to a specialist in cancer to determine if that is what it is. Thanks for your concern but we had to take him immediately for treatment when we found an emergency clinic that was open on Sunday.
Now he has seen two of our local vets and they are stumped. Will let you know when we know.
Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the update on Max. Not knowing exactly what the problem is has to be very hard on you.

I know that you will give Max extra love during this difficult time.

Thinking of you and Max,

Dr Marta