Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Will Cipro Work persistent ear infection Tibetan Terrier?

Customer Question

Will Cipro Work for a persistent ear infection for my Tibetan Terrier? She has used two rounds (tubes of Remicin with no success) How long should she take it?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Unfortunately, the nest step for an ear infection that has not been responsive to topical treatment is a culture and sensitivity. This infection could be fungal which would not respond to Cipro or a bacterial infection that does not respond to Cipro. The REmicin is an anti fungal, anti bacterial with a steroid to decrease inflammation inside Aslyn's ear. This should take only 1-2 weeks to resolve and if this has not, then other diagnostics will be required. Like I said before, topical treatment is not always effective and systemic medications, along with the topical treatments will be required Only your vet will know for sure.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****