Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My dog just a ate a bone and a piece got stuck she was

Customer Question

My dog just a ate a bone and a piece got stuck she was hacking a few pieces came out. Now every time she gets up sure starts hacking? I am worried now because she is crying
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Most likely the pieces of bone have been released but have irritated her throat so bad that the hacking cough contnues. Check again to eb sure that all pieces have been removed and now start her on Robitussin DM, 1 teaspoon per 20 pounds of Justice's weight every 8 hrs to calm down the cough.

Certainly, if this continues, take her to your vet Monday morning to be sure.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****