Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
I am sorry that it has taken so long to get to your question. You would have a 2 hr window to induce vomiting but if you are past this time period, your guy will experience a mild digestive disturbance caused by the sugar but most likely will not have a chocolate toxiciity. Most of these chocolates are milk chocolate and the toxic dose for your guy would be 12 to 16 ounces of milk chocolate and from what you have told me, there is not 12 ounces of milk chocolate in all of these candies. The treatment, if you are over that 2 hr window would be the following:
Fast for 12-24 hrs to allow the digestive tract to calm down and heal.
Give Pepcid AC or Famotidine at 0.5 mg per pound every 8 hrs. That can be purchased over the counter at the pharmacy.
Give only small amounts of water during the fast or ice cubes
After the fast, feed rice and boiled chicken (2/1)
BY this time, your guy should be back to normal. Any signs of hyperexcitability or shaking , you should have your vet examien your guy to be sure.
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****