Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Im afraid myyr old chihuahua has parvo. She has all the

Customer Question

Hello, Im afraid myyr old chihuahua has parvo. She has all the symptoms I read on it. She is weeping and not moving. I've been giving her pedialyte she has diarrhea and has not eaten yesterday and today. Can I bring her in?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your Chihuahua. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. This is a website that answers questions about your dog, and can help with information only.

I am sorry to see you did not get a reply from an expert on this website sooner. I just came online and saw your question.

How is she doing? Did you find a place to take her in?

These symptoms do sound like parvo. Has she been vaccinated? We usually only see parvo in puppies that are not vaccinated. Other things can also cause young dogs not to eat, and to have diarrhea. She sounds pretty sick and should be seen by a veterinarian as soon as possible.

Let me know how she is doing, and if I can answer any more of your questions. Rebecca

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

How is your Chihuahua doing?