Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My husband allowed our 19 pound Doxie to consume a bowl that

Customer Question

My husband allowed our 19 pound Doxie to consume a bowl that had about 4-5 drops of doTerra Prime Essential Oil mixed with coconut oil of about a teaspoon. Of course he threw up. He us now sleepy. Initially hid from us. I could tell his belly was hurting. Do I need to be concerned about liver/kidney failure?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.

Hello Helen,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. However before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me so could you please answer the following :

1. How soon did he vomit after swallowing what was in the bowl? { minutes or hours } ?

You can then expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype if this is more convenient for you. Please get back to me if this is more suitable for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott