Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My Golden Retriever has lost 6 pounds this last few months

Customer Question

My Golden Retriever has lost 6 pounds this last few months and 12 pounds in a year, she's 11. She doesn't want to eat. Her lab work was good except an Alkaline Phos of 1800. What is going on?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

Can you upload a copy of all of her test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy of the results at home but her vet should be able to give you one which you could scan into your computer and give me the link or you can photograph the page(s) and upload the images by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see such an icon) or by using an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. I not only review the test results but note which tests should have been performed but weren't. An alkaline phosphatase of 1800 is certainly elevated but it's a nonspecific enzyme often elevated in otherwise normal geriatric dogs.

Please respond with the additional information and further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Kylie. How is everything going?