Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have AIDS small dog that went outside short time came back

Customer Question

I have AIDS small dog that went outside for a short time came back in with a swollen face swollen mouth and has a lump on the back of his back he seems to be breathing okay at the moment but he's very swollen in the mouth
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not help you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Any chance of a snake bite (as risk is obviously location based)? Any wounds suggesting this?

What color are his gums?

Is the whole face swollen or just one side or near the lump?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paperclip icon on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr,Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.