Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

Dog chewed lumigan eye drops

Customer Question

Dog chewed lumigan eye drops
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justansswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Sorry Jasper got into some trouble this evening!

This drug itself can be used in dogs for the treatment of glaucoma so there is no real toxic worries. As far as an "overdose", if that amount were used in the eyes, it would be considered an overdose, but even with overdoses in humans, there doesn't appear to be any reports of a problem.

SInce this was ingested, I suspect there will be some absorption through the mucus membranes in the mouth, but just how much, it is hard to say. Even so, it overdoses in the eye are not a big deal, I wouldn't be too worried about ingestion. You may note his pupils to constrict in response, but if it does, it should wear off within a short while. Since the drops are not in a solution carrier meant to be ingested, it may cause some drooling or mouth irritation. If he will allow it, rinse the mouth out with water or allow him to drink and that should help to rinse away any residue.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions. I am online another 20 minutes this evening...

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier. How is Jasper? I would love an update when you are able!

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. The little hellion is fine
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Perfect, thanks so much for the update! If the information I provided was helpful I would very much appreciate you rating our conversation on the top of your screen with the stars so I can be compensated for my time. Otherwise you can type your rating in our chat. Thanks :)