Ola Barrett
Ola Barrett,
Experience:  Veterinarian at Lake Chatuge Animal Hospital
77721119

What is the 1st sign of pregnancy in my Dog?

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Ola Barrett replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dr. RB;) The first signs of pregnancy can include mammary enlargement, abdomen that becomes distended and appetite may also gradually increase. If you know your dog was covered by a male, you should check you timeline. Entire gestation in dogs is about 63 days from breeding to birth. You may start seeing signs about 2 weeks after she was bred. It is difficult, however, to distinguish this from "false pregnancy" will create all of these signs due to a hormonal imbalance but not from pregnancy. I hope this helps:)

Hello again..If my advice helped you with Lucy, it would be greatly appreciated if you could take the time to give my response a positive rating? This would allow me to receive compensation for my expertise and time assisting you and your pet.. Much thanks