Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Our dog had puppies a couple days ago and she had build up

Customer Question

Our dog had puppies a couple days ago and she had build up of milk in back nipples so I tried to drain them and discovered the milk coming out of the skin about an inch between nipple and private area
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Milk shouldn't fistulate in that manner unless her mammary gland was egregiously full and milk broke through the ducts into the mammary tissue and/or a bacterial mastitis existed. Milk from the affected gland needs to be examined microscopically for the presence of infection - increased number of white blood cells (pus) and/or bacteria.

I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow my speaking with customers by phone in this venue. Please stay in this conversation if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Grayce. How is everything going?