Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

My seven year old lab was fine yesterday and now she will

Customer Question

My seven year old lab was fine yesterday and now she will not eat and runs out side ever two to five minutes to peejust a little, and will not come in house. Dog is Areata comfortable . Been doing this for about 14 hours.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. I am sorry to hear about Nolla. I am happy to help you this evening. The fact she is running out so frequently and is uncomfortable is a likely sign that she has a urinary tract infection. This causes inflammation and irritation and the urge to go pee a lot. Usually easily treated with antibiotics but you should contact your vet in the morning to have her checked out to make sure nothing else is going on . Your vet will want to do an exam and check her urine. Then she will most likely get antibiotics and usually this fixes the problem within a few days.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything I can do tonight? She can't get to vet until 10am tomorrow

Unfortunately there is nothing over the counter that can be given to help her tonight. Antibiotics are the best thing to make her feel better the fastest. So tonight just make sure she has access to fresh water and can go outside as often as she needs to.

I hope Nolla is feeling better. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. I am happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!