Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog started this morning with thrusting s neck forward

Customer Question

My dog started this morning with thrusting his neck forward and back and forth and with sticking his tongue out like he just ate peanut butter and making strange noises. To me it seems like he may have something in his throat I stuck my finger down his throat this morning and it felt like a slimy rawhide so I did it again and didn't feel it anymore but he's still doing the movement but not as much
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today.

I'm sorry for this concern for Diesel. A video may be very helpful if you can post it. This LINK walks you through the process if you're uncertain how to do it.

Does he tend to eat sticks, bones or other things in addition to the rawhide you mentioned?

Deb

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It won't let me send the vidoe
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that the site is giving you difficulties which does sometimes happen and I'm clueless as to why:( I have a pretty good idea of what he's doing so a video isn't essential but another option would be to post it to YouTube and send me the link.

Unfortunately, I'm not equipped to take phone calls and hope that this format is acceptable to you. If it's not, please let me know and I'll opt out so that the question will be opened for other experts who do take phone calls.

My apologies for the inconvenience. Deb