Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179

My dog ate australian dream cream

Customer Question

my dog ate australian dream cream
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** I looked up this product and there is very little information on the internet about the product when it is actually ingested. I would recommend making Honoria vomit by giving her hydrogen peroxide about 2-3 tablespoons by mouth to remove the chemical from her stomach.

While you are waiting for her to vomit, I would recommend calling the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center. They are your best resource for any animal poison-related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you think that your pet may have ingested a potentially poisonous substance, call (888)(###) ###-####/strong>. A $65 consultation fee may be applied to your credit card. They will ask you the name of the product as well as any listed ingredient and will tell you if the product is toxic and if you should rush your pet to the nearest veterinarian.

Best regards, ***** ***** this answer helps you.

Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions.

Dr. Amanda

Kansas State University,

College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2001

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the info says not to indice vomiting
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

Ok. I would follow those directions and either call poison control or the customer service number on the package.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks!
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

I've been looking around more and found more information. This is kind of a scary ingredient if swallowed and you may need to go to the emergency room after you call poison control.

Here is one link (kind of scientific but says that there will be over production of stomach juices, spasm of the airways and blood vessels will dilate and cause low blood pressure)

http://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Histamine_dihydrochloride#section=Top

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

How are things going? Were you able to talk to Poison Control? What was the verdict? Did you end up going to the local animal emergency room?

Dr. A

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

How was last night and today? Did you dog have any problems after eating the dream cream?

Do you have any more questions for me?

If you are satisfied with my assistance, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my answer so that I will be compensated for helping you today. For future questions, you can find me here: http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=88695179&FID=0

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Honoria. How is everything going?
Amanda Mouradian-Dar