Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I think our dog had a giant palm seed in her mouth do not

Customer Question

I think our dog had a giant palm seed in her mouth do not think she ate it i got it in time but she was out there and could have had some before one leaf was off but not chewed, not sure she is acting normal that was 15 minutes ago no symptoms yet watch should i watch for and what should i do if something happens
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
soon in case this is a urgent problem!
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. Sorry no one has gotten to you yet. You can relax, though, the Giant Palm Tree is not considered toxic to dogs. Other species of the palm, especially Sago Palms, are extremely toxic, but the Giant Palm is not. There shouldn't be anything to worry about here. Always monitor for any vomiting, diarrhea, lack of appetite or abdominal pain; but I would be surprised if you see any problems. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

DISCLAIMER: My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate it. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.
Hi Carol,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Daisy. How is everything going?
Dr. John