Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog ripped its toenail off 5 days ago i went to vet and

Customer Question

my dog ripped its toenail off 5 days ago i went to vet and had it wraped i went back yesterday and they said the bandage git a little wet from her licking it and they wraped it again how long should i keep the bandage on
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to help you today.

If it was just re-wrapped yesterday, I would plan to leave it on for another 48-72 hours. We'd expect it to be drying up by the stage. Once you unwrap it, if she pays it any attention then do keep the foot covered with a baby sock (as its breathable and will aid it drying out better) +/- an ecollar until it is fully healed. If it looks moist or weepy, you can spot clean it with warm salt water (1tbsp salt to a pint warm water) as needed.

I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best, *****
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. -**Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need, as this is how I am credited for helping you. ** Thank you and hope to see you again soon! : )