Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM 19 years. Compassionate, Caring, Experienced.
2263760

I need Neomycin and Polymyxin sulfates and Dexamethason

Customer Question

I need Neomycin and Polymyxin B
sulfates and Dexamethason Ophthamic Sispenmion/ My dogs eyes and runny with a light green solution. Can you help
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this is Dr. Gabby. There are a couple of things. One is we can not prescribe medication without seeing the patient in person and doing an exam.

Also the Dexamethasone can delay healing, or promote fungal infection, if there are any scratches or injury on the cornea. The test to see if there is any injury to the cornea is a yellow dye. If there is a scratch then the dye will stick. Then Dexamethasone should be avoided.

You can get Terramycin which is an over the counter eye antibiotic without a prescription.

https://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=2e87c5f9-7b6a-11d5-a192-00b0d0204ae5&gas=terramycin

Does that help? Do you have any additional questions?