Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Female Rottie mix.. 1 year old.. She has a lump on her chest

Customer Question

Female Rottie mix.. 1 year old.. She has a lump on her chest between her front legs.It is soft not quite as big as an egg.It feels like fatty tissue.There does not seem to be painful to her..Hope you can help.
Thank you, *****
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Marta Lepes replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am Dr Lepes and I am here to help you. You dog probably has a lipoma which is a fatty tumor. These are benign and usually don't bother a dog unless it gets big enough to bother her. Watch for any changes like it becoming firm or any redness of the skin. These changes shoulds be checked by your vet. I hope this has answered your question.

If you are satisfied please rate me.

Removing lipomas are cosmetic surgery unless it is in an area where it bothers the dog like under the tail near the anus or in the "arm" pit. They are generally slow growing.