Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My 15 pound maltipoo seems to have gotten into the trash and

Customer Question

My 15 pound maltipoo seems to have gotten into the trash and swallowed a small amount of already-chewed sugrless gum within the last 6 hours. What should I do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.

Hello Esther,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. However before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me so could you please answer the following :

1.What was the brand name of the gum ?

2. If you have the packaging handy please check if it contains Xylitol.

You can then expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype if this is more convenient for you. Please get back to me if this is more suitable for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again Esther,

I am just checking back in to see how Sparky is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the sugar free gum incident ...

How are things going?

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

.