Dr Marta Lepes
Dr Marta Lepes, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Owner, practitioner, Owner at Hilo Veterinary Clinic, Inc, Vetmed Hawaii
90005502

Entropion surgery 6yr old rescue bulldog. What does it

Customer Question

Entropion surgery
For adult 6yr old rescue bulldog. What does it entail for dog . And cost.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Marta Lepes replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ellie, My name is***** will try to answer your question about Sargent. Entropion is a condition where the eyelid is turned in with the eyelids often rubbing on the surface of the eye. It is very irritating and if it causes severe damage to the cornea, can cause blindness.Surgery is definitely recommended. He is not too old at 6. It would be definitely worth it to make him more comfortable. What a relieve it would be for Sargent!

I hope has this has answered your concerns. If you have more questions please contact me. If this has helped you then I would ask you to rate me.

Hi Sarah, The surgery entails making an incision on the outside of the lid, removing excess tissue and then suturing. That turns the eyelid out into a more normal position. It is usually not a difficult surgery and it heals quickly. You need to get an estimate from your veterinarian as I do not know what this surgery costs in your area.

Any more questions?

Hi Ellie,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Sargent. How is everything going?
Dr Marta Lepes