Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Couple of days ago came home dog was excited to see

Customer Question

Couple of days ago came home dog was excited to see me,usually take her for about half hour walk. Started to but she wasn't into it. Came back home, she was whiny and bot herself. Thought maybe she got spooked by something or someone. Been eating fine, would like her to grind a little more. Normal bowel movements etc. Just lethargic and not her usual happy playful in your face self
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear your pup is having problems. Are you available to answer a few questions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

Ok, can you tell me if her gums look nice and pink or if they are pale?

Is she limping or walking gingerly at all?

If you are at home and she is around, if you press down along her spine is she sensitive in any areas or if you turn her head back and forth and up and down, if she reacts in a negative way?

is her water intake and urination normal?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would like her to drink more, but seems to be urinating okay, not at home to check gums or spine/neck. Not limping, took her for small walk yesterday walked okay just didn't seem to enjoy like she always does
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

Ok. If you can check these things when you get home and let me know, they will give me more info to help you. Also, if you can take her temperature - you can do this with a regular thermometer- you just need to lubricate it with Vaseline or ky jelly and insert it 1 to 2 inches into the rectum. Normal temp is 100.5 to 102.5 in a dog. I will check back later to see what you found once you get home if that is ok.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thankyou
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

Just following up to see if you were able to look at the things we discussed and how your dog is doing tonight.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Took her to our vet thankyou
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome, hope she is feeling better!