Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Experience:  35 years of veterinary practice in small animal medicine
18324312

I think my 60 to 80 pound german sheperd at some oxicodon

Customer Question

i think my 60 to 80 pound german sheperd at some oxicodon about 20 to 30 minutes ago what do i do
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Bob. I'm sorry to read of the problem you may be experiencing with Maya. Induce vomiting with 3% hydrogen peroxide. Give one tablespoonful, if she hasn't vomited in ten minutes repeat the dose, if she still hasn't vomited, try one more time. The stomach contents are absorbed within one hour, so you don't have much time. Since it's been some time already, a trip to an emergency clinic is strongly recommended to treat what drug has been absorbed. Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Kind regards, *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what about charcol and water
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Medical grade activated charcoal would be fine, but regular charcoal wouldn't do any good.

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

I see that you've requested a phone call. I apologize, but I'm typing at my computer in a sleeping household. I don't want to disturb the rest of my family by conversing on the phone. I will answer any of your questions promptly online, though.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she's thrown up several times with one tablespoon it came out foamy and yellow should the pills have been dissolved by now or should i have seen some shapes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do i wait to feed her
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do i wait to feed her, how long ? what other symptoms should i look for it she didn't throw up all of it or should the one dose have done the job?
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

If she's thrown up, the next step would be to give activated charcoal. This is best administered by a veterinarian via a stomach tube. If getting her to an emergency clinic is out of the question (by far your best option), you should try to buy some activated charcoal from a drug store and give her that mixed with canned dog food. The dose is 10 ml of the slurry or two grams in 10 ml of water to make the slurry. keep her awake and moving for the next twelve hours to help prevent her from lapsing into a coma. Again I repeat, the best route would be a trip to an emergency clinic, but if that is not possible, you can do what I've outlined about to try to help her. Please let me know if I may be of any further help to you.

Kind regards, Dr.Bob