Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

Have a poodle 7 1/2 years old. Accidently put a drop of

Customer Question

Have a poodle 7 1/2 years old. Accidently put a drop of Gertizol IN eye. Washed out with a sterile eye wash. Should I do anything else. Did I hurt his eyes?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I've been a veterinarian for 15 years. I'm sorry to hear about this accident. Was it Gentizol ointment that was supposed to be for the ear? How long ago did this happen? How is he acting with that eye now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It happen about 90 minutes ago. Washed eyes out about 5 minutes after it happened. He seems to be ok. Could I have damaged eyes?
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for getting back to me. If there was significant injury to the eyes, they would more than likely at this time be very painful. He would most likely be holding them shut / squinting / having cloudiness / having discharge from the eyes. It is good that you rinsed them out once you realized what had happened. If he's acting normal at this time as far as not squinting or being bothered, then it would seem that this wasn't a serious situation. Hopefully this was something that just caused a brief irritation to the eye and now it is resolved. How is he acting at this point?

Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?