Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My 14lb dog possibly ate a few 10mg zyrtec. The bottle was

Customer Question

Hi, My 14lb dog possibly ate a few 10mg zyrtec. The bottle was knocked onto the floor and he was chewing on it. He seemed to be mostly chewing on the bottle but I don't know if/how many pills he might have swallowed. I counted what was left and it seems like it is probably no more than 4 or 5.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this. Give me a few minutes to do some calculations......

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB. If your dog actually ate 4-5 of these this can be very toxic at those doses. You need to get your dog to an ER vet as soon as possible. Go now......Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have further questions as I check my computer each night and I can assist with follow up. Sincerely, DRB