Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

Why has our dog stopped eating and lost alot of weight in

Customer Question

Why has our dog stopped eating and lost alot of weight in the past week and is dry heaving?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you. In a Golden Retriever of this age the most likely cause of what you are seeing is some neoplastic or cancerous process. Cancer tends to cause quick weight loss and lack of appetite. The most common cancer with a dog of this breed and age would be a cancer in the spleen. But also lymphoma is possible. It is also possible that she could have metabolic disease like kidney disease but this is much less likely. You should get her to a vet as soon as you can.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much.

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

I will check back tomorrow before noon to see if you have additional questions. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Jess. How is everything going?
Dr B