Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My puppy had sergary yesterday and has a stiff neck but is

Customer Question

My puppy had sergary yesterday and has a stiff neck but is still taking fluid
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome, I am Dr. B and would like to help you with Boo.

If her neck is stiff after having been laid in an uncomfortable position during surgery, then this does tend to settle with rest. Though to help.speed this, further to a warm towel, do warm compress the area. If you do not have a warm compress you can make one at home using a sock filled two-thirds full with uncooked rice. This can then be microwaved for a minute to warm. Afterwards we would want to shake the sock to distribute the heat before use. This can be re- warmed as needed. Otherwise if she is very sore then we would want to speak to her vet about dog safe pain relief.

Take care,

Dr. B

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She's also has stiff limbs. We can't bend her joints at all. Her jaw is also clentched shut & having real problems swallowing.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

I see. Well, that does raise other concerns. In that case, I do think she needs seeing by her vet at this stage. They can start her on injectable pain relief and a muscle relaxant. While doing that, they can assess her to see if she is reacting to something they gave and treat for that as needed to settlr this for her.

Please take care,

Dr. B

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome,

Best wishes for Boo,

Dr. B.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Justin Drake,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Boo Bennet. How is everything going?
nekovet