Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog ate some potato skins and is now experiencing the

Customer Question

My dog ate some potato skins and is now experiencing the toxicity effects, trembling, sluggish, stomach tightness/pain. Is there something I can do to address this or do I just need to let it run it's course?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

So sorry your dog is not feeling well. There are a few things you can do but if this is not subsiding then please consider a veterinary visit to give stronger medications to help his symptoms subside more rapidly

- Get him up and walking. A leash walk of 15+ minutes will help with waves of nausea, abdominal cramping, and intestinal contractions
- Pepcid 0.25 mg/ pound every 12 hours for a few days
- No more food until tonight then small more frequent meals of a bland diet of white rice and lean boiled meat such as chicken

Again if there is no change within a few hours or he is progressively feeling worse, unable to get comfortable, or is doing a play bow position then please have your veterinarian evaluate him

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance today. I hope he is feeling better soon!

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier. How is your dog since you asked your question? I would love an update!

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Active (0/1 - 1) $19Posted on: November 09 2015 04:16 PM
Thanks Dr. for the advice. Tanner is doing much better. The potato skins ran their course and he’s now back to his normal self.
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

That is great news, thank you so much for the update :)

I would very much appreciate you rating our conversation at the top of the screen or if you are unable writing your rating (excellent, good) in our chat as an alternative

I am not compensated until you do the rating, thank you