My name is***** and I am sorry Penny is sick this evening.
Alstroemerias are a lily-like plant but I can't find anything about toxicity beside irritation to the intestines and skin.
I would recommend calling the ASPCA Animal Poison Control for more information about the plant. They are your best resource for any animal poison-related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you think that your pet may have ingested a potentially poisonous substance, call (888)(###) ###-####/strong>. A $65 consultation fee may be applied to your credit card. They will ask you the name of the product as well as any listed ingredient and will tell you if the product is toxic and if you should rush your pet to the nearest veterinarian.
Other reasons for vomiting include the following things. Eating something else that is irritating to her intestines, metabolic such as liver or kidney disease, a blockage in her intestines and parasites. Parasites would also explain the scooting.
For tonight, if poison control is not worried about the Alstroemerias, I would recommend giving her Pepcid AC 1/4 tablet by mouth. I would also withhold water until she stops vomiting, and wait about 4 hours. After that, you can give small amounts of water (1/4 cup) once every 30 minutes if she is interested. If the night is quiet, you can try giving her a small breakfast. If she is refusing the water, or continues to vomit, I would recommend taking her to see your regular veterinarian in the morning.
Best regards, ***** ***** this answer helps you.
Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions.
Kansas State University,
College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2001