Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

Is peeing. Has had X-rays, UTI bloodwork, has been on

Customer Question

Sam is peeing. Has had X-rays, UTI bloodwork, has been on incontinence medication. Makes him agitated. When he does urinate outside, it's massive. All tests were negative. Should I do the ultrasound?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. I am sorry to hear about Sam's urinary issues. I am happy to help you this evening. With all the tests you have done so far being inconclusive then the next test would be an ultrasound. The ultrasound will allow the vets to see the structure of the bladder and the kidneys (urinary tract) and determine if there are any abnormalities that could be explaining this abnormal urination. Then an appropriate treatment can be determined. At this point an ultrasound would be the most informative and show the most detail of the bladder. An ultrasound would be the next test I would recommend.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!

I'm just following up on our conversation about Sam. How is everything going?
Dr. Whitehead