Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian.
49838867

I got a stray kitten that has been staying at my house girl

Customer Question

I got a stray kitten that has been staying at my house girl kitten She is a sweet cat but I can't afford to get her fixed.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian. I understand that you would like to have this young female stray kitten spayed but are unable to do so yourself financially.

There are several groups that you can look to for help.

If your regular veterinarian is beyond your means financially now your other option is to contact your local shelter or humane society and see if they run a low cost clinic spay or neuter clinic or know of one in your area.

Here is a link that can help you find a spay/neuter clinic in your area: http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/pet_overpopulation/tips/afford_spay_neuter.html?credit=web_id91754962

If there isn't one in your area here is a web-page that lists some organizations that may be able to help:

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/trouble_affording_pet.html?credit=web_id91754962#Assistance_by_state

Even if the state organizations aren't close to you I would call them and see if they know of organizations in your area. Rescue groups often work closely together and they may know of a group not listed on the webpage.

Best of luck with Mitty.

Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Mitty. How is everything going?
Dr. Kara