Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Hello I am Dr RB and I am small animal veterinarian. It does depend on how much of the lighter fluid she may have ingested.. Since it has been several hours and lighter fluid is a caustic solution, I would not recommend inducing vomiting. You have two options here.. Worst case scenario is she will experience symptoms of toxicity but GI and neurological signs would occur before kidney symptoms. You can continue monitor her for signs of nausea, vomiting, lethargy, neurologic signs (disorientation, seizuring, collapse) and take her in if you become concerned. Or.. you can take her to your regular DVM who will most likely give her activated charcoal to coat her stomach and intestines to prevent absorption of the fluids and/or give her intravenous fluids to flush any toxins from her bloodstream and, thus protecting her kidneys and other organs from damage.
I hope this is of help to you;)
Hello again, I hope your little friend is feeling better..If my advice helped, it would be greatly appreciated if you could take the time to give my response a positive rating? This would allow me to receive compensation for my expertise and time assisting you and your pet.. Much thanks