Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

I have a Queensland healer mix terrier. She is is 9 months

Customer Question

I have a Queensland healer mix terrier. She is is 9 months old. We kennel her a night, Shen is also having her first menstration. For three nights now we have put her to bed and in the night she throws up her food and her poop is runny , she is soiling her kennel.
Her nose is cold her gums are pink??? What the heck is happening.
We live in the country and it is possible for her to eat something , out there. We have two other dogs and they are fine. Thanks Nansea
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning Nansea and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This change in hormones can cause digestive issues for sweet Amy during her first heat Since she has nausea, also a common sequel to the hormone change, Fast her for 24 hrs and at the same time, give her pepcid AC at 0.5 mg per pound of Amy's weight every 8 hrs. After the fast, feed her rice and boiled chicken for a couple days until her digestive tract calms down. I do nto believe this is serious for your sweet Amy...just a part of growing up, Nansea.

Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you
Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi , thank you for the info, she is staring at the bowl of rice....not happy with the meal, I have the chic***** *****ing. My first female dog.....we fasted her yesterday. She is hungry, good sign. What about water, she has lost a pound . She drank a little, but seems dehydrated?

Oh my, Nansea....Poor Amy! The chicken will cheer her up. Water is good...usually it is better to give ice cubes so she does not gulp it which could make her sick. Good luck!

I'm just following up on our conversation about Amy. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta