Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I see your pup got into some chocolate. Can you tell me the approximate weight of your dog, the approximate size in ounces of the chocolate, and the type of chocolate (was it milk chocolate, dark chocolate, baking chocolate)?
I have attached a link to an article on chocolate toxicity below. Signs of toxicity include repeated vomiting, diarrhea, hyperactivity, tremors and seizures, and racing heart rate. If you do see any of these signs in your dog, I would recommend getting her to the emergency clinic as quickly as possible for supportive care.
Since I don't have your dog's weight or size of chocolate it is hard for me to tell you if she has ingested a dangerous amount. If you do review this answer and know the dog's approximate size and the type of chocolate, you can use the calculator at this link to see the chances for adverse reactions
Please let me know if you have additional questions. If you do not, please take a moment to rate our conversation so we can know if you were satisfied with your service. Good luck and thank you!